® 2019 Product School Inc.
for Product Managers
1. Learn the basics
Before you can walk the Product walk, you have to talk the Product talk. Just like any profession, the rhetoric is nuanced, but you can master it.
- Learn the necessary terminology to speak the language of the Product World.
- Engineers, Designers, lawyers, Business Analysts, Data experts, and Marketers alike have jumped from their professions into Product Management. See how you can make your change.
2. Bulletproof your resume
Having your CV stand out amongst thousands of others is no easy task. However, we have the techniques and insights to make your resume rise to the top.
- Grasp the methods of Laszlo Bock’s formula, the one page CV, and more to obtain that WOW factor in your resume.
- Master the process of creating a Product portfolio that will drop the jaws of your interviewer.
- Use this free template or this online tool to build the perfect CV.
- Book a free Linkedin review with Product Management experts to identify your strengths and areas in need of improvement.
3. Find the right job (Send that CV!)
You’ve graduated from Product noob to Product Pro, and can now hang with the top dogs in the industry! Time to find your ultimate Product Job.
- Join our private Slack Jobs Channel to find fresh opportunities in your career search. Want to work remotely? Check openings here.
- Find jobs on Twitter with #EpicJobs.
- If you are a woman looking for a role in tech then Tech Ladies is the place.
- Lastly, Join our Telegram private channel if you want to receive daily offers for job opportunities around the globe.
4. It’s almost showtime!
Time to prep for your interview!
- The best way to win over your audience is to know what they want to hear
- Learn to finesse them with your soft skills.
- Demonstrate your hard skill savviness.
- Set yourself up for as much success as possible by mastering the SAR method. Cut the fat out of your interview by being bold and brief.
5. Practice makes Product perfect
There are people out there looking to sharpen their skills with you. Engage in real-time mock interviews with the following platforms:
- If you want to practice with real PMs working at top tech companies then Candor is the platform you need.
- You can also partake in mock interviews with a specialist or other aspiring PMs on Pramp or Polariis.
- Go a step further and head to our #interview channel on Slack and connect with other PMs to request advice.
6. During & After: Key points for your interview
Beyond knowing how to respond to questions during the interview, you’ll also should:
- Ask the right questions!
- Treat the process as a conversation, not as an examination.
Knowing what to do after the interview is a tricky situation. Being adept at the following tasks will help in this situation:
- Send the post-interview email regardless of the results.
- Learn how to negotiate your PM salary.
- Use LinkedIn Salary calculator to get the most accurate assessment of what you should be earning.
- Are you the Founder of your own business? Knowing how to pay yourself can be a perplexing issue. However, you can now know how much to pay yourself with this calculator.
Be The First to Know About The Latest Resources
Suggest a resource