Verizon Job Offer - VERIZON
- Est. Salary: $104k - $148k
- Boston, Waltham
* These fields are required.
What you’ll be doing…
Verizon Customer Experience and Innovation is currently seeking a Product Manager for the Innovation Program. The individual will support strategic assessments and evaluations of emerging technologies, products and concepts to create new revenue generating products and services for the consumer markets. The incumbent will actively work towards achieving the organization’s goal of developing and managing a suite of product concepts, conducting quick evaluations and trials to determine commercial viability. The Product Manager will be driver of matrixed organization through lean, agile-based incubation and will:
- Recognize opportunities for innovation for emerging technology services and products, and create and define strategies that provide a competitive advantage across the industry. Conduct primary research into markets and high-value customer problems.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design, test and deliver innovative solutions.
- Lead groups through activities such as envisioning / ideation, product planning, action planning, assumptions testing, & product prototyping
- Where necessary, rapidly develop prototypes and/or l Minimum Viable Product. Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to determine product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics.
- Own the execution and successful delivery of multiple product engagements for the CX&I team which will include innovation consulting, execution of innovation culture programs and delivery of Verizon innovation products.
- Serve as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Develop materials to communicate progress to partners and clients. Analyze, prepare reports and presentations on assessments to leadership and key stakeholders to make quick commercial viability decisions
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Management.
- An MBA or advanced degree.
- Five or more years of Product Manager experience.
- Strong business analysis and requirements gathering skills.
- Proven track record of building strong business partner relationships.
- Experience with Digital Technologies & Mobile applications, Collaboration Platforms, and Intranet Portals.
- Five or more years of progressive experience within applications and product development leading into leadership roles.
- Superior analytical skills, quantitative skills, logic, and problem solving skills, with attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and associated engineering practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects at varying degrees of completion simultaneously.
- Experience developing new opportunities by leveraging technology to drive business objectives.
- Strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Proven experience in delivering quality technology products under minimal guidance, and be self-accountable for flawless execution.
- Strong experience with Office tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to create innovative product prototypes & run programs to improve their innovation culture and methodologies. Desire to learn and ability to think creatively to develop new ideas.
- A start-up mentality, comfort with ambiguity and change, and loves bringing new concepts to life. Ability to create and articulate the business case for new opportunities, lead complex projects through to completion, and be savvy at negotiating and collaborating with third party vendors.
- Understanding / experience of innovation frameworks and practical technology application experience.
- Highly skilled group facilitator—with a wealth of experience leading multi-disciplinary groups through such activities as strategic planning, journey mapping, brainstorming and requirements gathering/definition.
- Leadership skills— ability to influence others and navigate complex relationship scenarios & must be able to influence others without direct reporting relationships.
- High energy, can-do attitude, very strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed with commensurate analytical and strategic skills.
- Executive-level presentation skills—persuasive “presence” and ability to effectively communicate technology to business people and business to technology people.
- Organized, with an ability to provide expert facilitation skills in environments where the team agenda is not clear and the obvious solutions are not always the most appropriate.
- Maintains current technology and business knowledge around industry changes and ensures appropriate steps are taken to meet requirements.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.