Product teams struggle with
So How Do You Combat Bias?
A Product Manager’s adversary’s are their competitors, time constraints, their own selves, and the dissatisfaction of their customers.
The Adversarial Product Manager’s Toolbox:
- Tight feedback loops: Good feedback is personalized, contextual, timely and actionable.
- Contrarian thinking: Don’t be afraid to play the role of “devil’s advocate” and argue against established thinking and the views of the majority.
- Randomness: Genius comes out of chaos and unpredictability, through yourself into uncertainty to spark new ideas
- Make a decision in the way your competitor would make it.
- Make what you consider a “bad” decision.
- Make what your company would consider “not a good” decision.
- Make a random decision.